What is an Element in HTML
- An Hypertext Markup Language(HTML) element contains tags ,content and attribute.
- There are different types of HTML elements.
- Normal elements
- Raw text elements
- Void elements.
- The elements usually have both a start tag and an end tag known as Normal elements.
Raw text elements
- The element must not contain other elements known as raw text elements.
- It is also known as text or text-only elements.
- Example <title> element must not contain other elements (including markup of text), only plain text.
- The element no need to close tag is known as Void elements.
- It is also known as empty elements or single elements or standalone
- Example <br />,<hr/> etc.
What is tag in html
- HTML tags are like keywords define that how a web browser will format and display the
- HTML tags contain three main parts: an opening tag, content, and closing tag.
Syntex: <tagname>content goes here…</tagname>
<!DOCTYPE html> All HTML documents must start with a unique document type declaration.
- The HTML document starts with <html> and end with </html>.
- <body> and </body> is the visible part of the HTML document (content).
- <head> and </head> is element contains meta information about the document like <title> tag.
- <title> and </title> is used for title of the html page.
First Program in HTML
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Page Title</title> </head> <body> <h1>This is a Heading</h1> <p>This is a paragraph.</p> </body> </html>
This is a Heading
This is a paragraph.